"A day without the Sun is, you know, night"
The Sun is an explosive battleground of magnetic structures ripping each other apart and sending waves around its atmosphere and into outer space.
Mathematics provides a tool to understand these waves and we can use them to uncover unknown properties of the solar plasma. In particular I am interested in:
- Magneto-hydrodynamic wave theory,
- Solar magneto-seismology,
- Solar atmospheric heating.
"The best way to learn is to teach"
At the Univerisity of Sheffield I have been involved with teaching:
- Undergraduate mathematics: set theory, calculus, analysis, mechanics, and differential equations,
- Scientific programming: Python, R, Latex, and html.
I enjoy the difficult task of making complex concepts understandable.